This subsection of the Handbook overviews the most pertinent policies regarding teaching at UNT:
- Academic Integrity: Includes links to the UNT Student Academic Integrity Policy and resources at UNT.
- Accomodating Students with Disabilities: Includes standard syllabus language, helpful hints for accomodating students with disabilities, and suggested resources.
- Class Rolls & Attendance: Includes information regarding class rolls, audit rolls, dropping and withdrawing from courses, attendance, and excused absences.
- Emergency Notifications & Procedures: Includes information regarding mandatory syllabus language and helpful resources for emergency preparedness at UNT.
- Grading: Includes information regarding submitting grades at the end of the semester, changing grades after submission, pre-finals and finals week, and records retention of student work and files.
Knowledge of the following additional university policies is important to effective teaching and classroom practices at the university:
- Carrying of Concealed Handguns on Campus Policy
- Consensual Relationships
- FERPA Policy
- Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Non-Retaliation Policy
- Request for Information Made Under the Texas Public Information Act Policy
- Safety in Instructional Activities Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Standards of Academic Integrity Policy